When you adopt a pet, you save lives.
Our adoption process is designed to help you find the perfect match in a pet. We’ll work with you to ensure that this new lifelong commitment starts off smoothly with a successful transition – for both of you!
Whether you are looking for a jogging partner, a cuddle buddy, or a playmate, our matchmaking adoption process was created to find a companion that complements your lifestyle. When searching for a pet, consider what your lifestyle, activity level, and home environment is like and look for an animal that is suitable for you.
With your adoption fee, you get a lot for free!
Every animal adopted from Delaware SPCA has received the following:
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Comprehensive wellness exam
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Microchip for lifelong identification
- De-worming and flea preventative
- Heartworm test and preventative for dogs
- Voucher for a free follow-up wellness exam at area VCA hospitals post-adoption
- Puppy (Up to 6 mos.): $450
- Puppy (6 mos. to 1 year): $250
- Adult (1 to 8 years): $200
- Adult Pit Bull (1 year or older): $150
- Senior (8 years or older): $100
- Kitten (Up to 1 year): $75
- Two Kittens: $95
- Adult (1 year or older): $50
- Two Adults: $60
- Senior (8 years or older): $25