Our Group Volunteer Program is designed for groups of adults (18+ years old) looking to help one time, for a few hours. This program is perfect for company volunteer days, college service projects, or church groups looking to give time to the shelter. Group volunteer activities revolve around service projects. We usually enlist these groups to help with grounds maintenance tasks such as:
- Helping with small building projects
- Spreading bark on our dog exercise areas
- Stuffing packets
- Sorting animal toys and food
- Laundry & dishes
These projects typically do not include hands-on contact with the animals in our care, but they are all very important aspects of helping animals in need.
Volunteers who help us with animal care go through extensive training and make a weekly commitment to a volunteer position. If you are interested in helping in this way, please complete an Individual Volunteer Application.
Have a group of young adults who wish to contribute? Consider an off-site volunteer activity, such as making cat beds or fundraising for our animals!
If your group is interested in helping to form a Delaware SPCA work party:
- Our maximum group size is 10 individuals.
- All members of the group must be 18 years old.
- Please commit to volunteering at least three hours.
- Most group volunteer work is done outside, rain or shine. Please be willing and prepared to get wet and/or dirty, and wear closed-toe shoes.
- Please make arrangements at least two weeks in advance of the date you are requesting.
Schedule your group!
To arrange for your group to volunteer at Delaware SPCA, please contact email@example.com. Thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. We couldn’t do our work without you!